Nashville Immigration Appeals Attorneys
Immigration petitions and applications are regularly denied for the wrong reasons. Respondents in Immigration Court are regularly ordered removed from the United States without sufficient legal basis. Our team can help fight your appeal to reverse unfavorable decisions.
Immigration Appellate Attorneys
The law office of Maniatis Law PLLC, in Nashville, Tennessee, helps clients throughout the United States file appeals of unfavorable decisions. Whether you were ordered deported in immigration court (officially the Executive Office for Immigration Review or “EOIR”), or your spouse’s application for permanent residency was denied, we’ve got your back. Any appeal deals heavily with case law, detailed procedures, and volumes of documents. Legal research and writing skills are necessary for an effective appeal, and hiring an attorney to assist you is the right thing to do. There are strict deadlines for all appeals and time is of the essence.
Appeals in Immigration Court Proceedings
- Removal Orders from an Immigration Judge: If you were ordered removed by an Immigration Judge then unless you waived your appeal you have an appeal as of right to the Board of Immigration Appeals (BIA). The BIA, or commonly “the Board” is the appellate court that handles all appeals from the Immigration Judges spread throughout the United States. Our firm can assist in preparing a detailed and well-researched appellate brief for your appeal to the Board from the decision of any Immigration Judge in the United States.
- Appealing a Decision from the BIA: Any unfavorable decision from the Board of Immigration Appeals can be appealed to the appropriate federal U.S. Court of Appeals. Our attorneys are licensed to practice in the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit, covering any decision from any Immigration Judge in the States of Tennessee, Kentucky, Michigan, Ohio, Florida, Alabama, and Georgia.
- Motions to Reopen and Reconsider. Depending upon your circumstances, you may be eligible to file a Motion to Reopen or a Motion to Reconsider the prior removal order in your case. There are strict deadlines and numerical limitations for these types of motions. However, if your circumstances have changed since you were ordered deported, there is new information that you were not able to present at the hearing, or there has been a recent change in case law, then you may have a strong argument to reopen your proceedings. If you received ineffective assistance of counsel, you can also file to reopen your proceedings using this method.
Appealing Visa, Visa Petition, and Permanent Residency Denials
- Our firm can assist you in appealing the denial of Form I-130 Petition for Alien Relative, Form I-485 Application to Adjust Status or Register Permanent Residency, as well as the denial of certain visas at a U.S. Embassy or Consulate. If your case depended upon a waiver, or needs a waiver due to some ground of inadmissibility, we can assist in evaluating your case and preparing the appropriate path forward. The remedy for being found ineligible for some visas involves only reapplying at a later date, without any appellate review. Contact an attorney before resubmitting paperwork or paying a filing fee.
Appealing Naturalization Denials
- A denied naturalization application is a setback that you want to avoid. However, if your N-400 Application for Naturalization was denied, you can file a request for rehearing within 30 days of the decision. Our attorneys can assist you in preparing the best possible argument on appeal.
Dedicated To Your Success
The firm’s founding attorney, Matt Maniatis, is dedicated to his clients’ success. He understands immigration laws and procedures, and how to navigate the confusing U.S. immigration system. Maniatis Law PLLC, will work hard to complete the necessary paperwork accurately and completely, meet filing deadlines, and complete every step as quickly as possible. The attorney and staff at the firm are open and honest, communicate promptly, and keep clients apprised of all important developments in their cases in a timely manner.
Maniatis Law PLLC, follows direction from clients, and encourages clients to speak openly and honestly about their circumstances and histories to better help them obtain immigration relief.
Contact Maniatis Law PLLC
The firm’s goal is the same as yours – to bring your loved one to the U.S. so you can live together permanently. For more information, contact a Nashville marriage visa lawyers online or by calling 615-366-1211.