Fighting For Your Rights
Assisting Clients With Issues Related To Domestic Violence And Restraining Orders
Domestic violence can take many forms, including physical abuse or the threat of abuse, emotional abuse or sexual abuse to a partner or child. Tennessee judges and prosecutors recognize the severe impact this abuse has on victims. Accordingly, domestic violence charges are serious and complicated offenses to address.
Whether you are a victim of domestic violence or have been accused of committing this crime, it can be difficult to resolve this personal matter without qualified help. At Saenz & Maniatis, PLLC, our attorneys handle this intricate undertaking promptly with the legal skill set you need.
In many situations, domestic violence matters involve not only criminal issues but also family or immigration considerations. As a result, retaining a firm that focuses exclusively on criminal law may limit your options. Saenz & Maniatis, PLLC, is a full-service law firm. Our trial lawyers, Vanessa Saenz and Matt Maniatis, use their background in criminal law, immigration law and family law, explore all available alternatives when we represent you in your domestic violence case.
Obtaining Legal Protection For Victims Of Domestic Violence
Our lawyers assist victims of abuse with these matters:
- Filing petitions seeking emergency orders of protection and protective orders
- Advocating for provisions to be added to the order to prohibit weapon posession or ownership for the duration of the order
- Advocating for clients at ex parte hearings
- Representing in post-judgment matters, including child custody modifications and child support enforcement orders
- Guiding nonimmigrant victims through the U visa process
Protecting The Rights Of Those Falsely Accused Of Abuse
Our attorneys help clients accused of domestic violence resolve these legal issues:
- Challenging the restraining order in court
- Defending custody rights and visitation access during divorce proceedings or post-judgment actions
- Fighting the domestic violence charge and other charges often associated with this offense, including assault
- Defending nonlegal residents in deportation hearings
Lives can be changed forever when restraining orders are filed and challenged. It is crucial to retain a legal professional who has experience handling cases of this magnitude and complexity. When you contact our team at Saenz & Maniatis, PLLC, you can rest assured that our lawyers are equipped to secure fair remedies for this complex issue.
Take Control Over Your Serious Legal Matter By Contacting Our Nashville Firm Today
For your convenience, you can schedule a completely confidential meeting with our attorneys by dialing 615-366-1211 or by filling out our online contact form. Our lawyers will handle your concerns with the discretion and professionalism they deserve.