Aggressive Defense Against Deportation
There are many reasons that the government initiates removal proceedings against nonlegal citizens, permanent residents and immigrants. It may be a recent conviction, a violation of terms in a visa or an undocumented status that triggers this process. When the deportation process begins, it is crucial to have qualified and knowledgeable deportation defense lawyer to safeguard your rights.
Our immigration attorneys at Saenz & Maniatis, PLLC, are licensed to represent clients in all stages of deportation proceedings in Tennessee, Louisiana and other states. Matt Maniatis and Vanessa Saenz, our founding lawyers, have strong backgrounds in immigration law and criminal defense, among other practice areas. As a result, we are able to design an aggressive deportation defense for a variety of circumstances.
As your committed legal advocates, our lawyers work to promote your best interests. You can rely on us to provide legal advice that reflects the most up-to-date immigration statutes. We have vast experience with removal proceedings and protocols, which we reference when we review, complete and submit necessary forms accurately and on time. Have represented many clients for immigration matters, we know that mistakes can have life-altering repercussions.
At Your Side Throughout Deportation Proceedings
We offer comprehensive deportation defense services that include:
- Reviewing the Notice to Appear (NTA), which is the document that identifies the reason you have been summoned to a removal hearing
- Creating a strategy to confront the charges cited in the NTA, by gathering appropriate documents, preparing evidence and engaging in discovery
- Preparing and filing applications for relief from removal, and compiling supporting documentation for forms of relief such as Asylum, Cancellation of Removal, Adjustment of Status, and Voluntary Departure
- Representing clients in master calendar hearings and individual merits hearings
- Appealing removal decisions to the Board of Immigration Appeals (BIA)
- Appealing unfavorable BIA decisions to the appropriate U.S. Court of Appeal
Obtaining Bonds To Secure Your Loved One’s Release
If your loved one has been moved to a detention center, our attorneys will take the appropriate steps to secure an immigration bond, so your loved one can be released from custody during the removal process.
Our firm’s attorneys will explore all legal options to find a basis for keeping your family together in the U.S. We have secured favorable outcomes for our clients that include cancelation of removal, asylum and other forms of legal relief.
The U.S. has established procedures to ensure that nonlegal residents, permanent residents and immigrants are able to challenge the order for removal. When these procedures are not followed or your constitutional rights are violated, we will fight to defend your right to remain in the country.