Aggressive Defense Against Deportation
There are many reasons that the government initiates removal proceedings against nonlegal citizens, permanent residents and immigrants. It may be a recent conviction, a violation of terms in a visa or an undocumented status that triggers this process. When the deportation process begins, it is crucial to have qualified and knowledgeable deportation defense lawyer to safeguard your rights.
Nashville immigration attorney Matt Maniatis is licensed to represent clients in all stages of deportation proceedings in Tennessee, Louisiana and other states. Mr. Maniatis has a strong background in immigration law and criminal defense, among other practice areas. As a result, he is able to design an aggressive deportation defense for a variety of circumstances.
As your committed legal advocate, attorney Matt Maniatis will work to promote your best interests. You can rely on him to provide legal advice that reflects the most up-to-date immigration statutes. He has vast experience with removal proceedings and protocols, which he references when he reviews, completes and submits necessary forms accurately and on time. Having represented many clients for immigration matters, Mr. Maniatis knows that mistakes can have life-altering repercussions.
At Your Side Throughout Deportation Proceedings
Mr. Maniatis offers comprehensive deportation defense services that include:
- Reviewing the Notice to Appear (NTA), which is the document that identifies the reason you have been summoned to a removal hearing
- Creating a strategy to confront the charges cited in the NTA, by gathering appropriate documents, preparing evidence and engaging in discovery
- Preparing and filing applications for relief from removal, and compiling supporting documentation for forms of relief such as Cancellation of Removal, Adjustment of Status, and Voluntary Departure
- Representing clients in master calendar hearings and individual merits hearings
- Appealing removal decisions to the Board of Immigration Appeals (BIA)
- Appealing unfavorable BIA decisions to the appropriate U.S. Court of Appeal
Obtaining Bonds To Secure Your Loved One’s Release
If your loved one has been moved to a detention center, Maniatis Law will take the appropriate steps to secure an immigration bond, so your loved one can be released from custody during the removal process.
Attorney Matt Maniatis will explore all legal options to find a basis for keeping your family together in the U.S. He has secured favorable outcomes for his clients that include cancelation of removal and other forms of legal relief.
The U.S. has established procedures to ensure that nonlegal residents, permanent residents and immigrants are able to challenge the order for removal. When these procedures are not followed or your constitutional rights are violated, Maniatis Law will fight to defend your right to remain in the country.