Fighting For Your Rights
Immigration Lawyers Serving Nashville, Middle Tennessee, and Nationwide
The immigration and naturalization process can be confusing and frightening. The law office of Saenz & Maniatis, PLLC, in Nashville, Tennessee, works hard to bring clarity and calm to individuals and families with immigration and naturalization concerns.
The firm assists citizens, immigrants and nonlegal residents throughout the United States obtain permissions to live, study and work in the United States using these and other legal processes:
- U.S. Citizenship through Naturalization
- Lawful Permanent Resident (“Green card”) Applications and Adjustment of Status
- Marriage visas, Fiancé visas, and visas for family of U.S. citizens and Permanent Residents
- Consular processing of immigrant visa applications outside the United States
- Waivers of Inadmissibility, including the I-601 Waiver and I-601A Provisional Waiver
- Asylum Applications
- Temporary Protected Status (TPS)
- U Visas and U Status for victims of domestic violence
- Renewals of Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA)
- Applications for Employment Authorization (“Work Permit”)
- Defense in Deportation/Removal Proceedings in Immigration Court
- Immigration bonds for U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) detainers
- Criminal court representation for non-U.S. citizens
Why You Need To Hire An Immigration Attorney
Many people waste time by scouring the internet for immigration information or by consulting with unlicensed notaries (notarios). As immigration law changes frequently, information obtained on the internet is often outdated, misleading, and full of incorrect information about immigration law and procedure. Unlicensed individuals who hold themselves out to be experts in the immigration field are not licensed to practice law and are not licensed to submit immigration forms and other paperwork.
Only an attorney or Board of Immigration Appeals (BIA)-accredited representative can legally represent you before U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) or the immigration court. Notarios, notary publics, immigration consultants and businesses cannot give you immigration legal advice. In many countries in the world “notario” means that the individual is an attorney, but that is not true in the United States. Only a licensed attorney is authorized to practice law and authorized to give you legal advice.
Only trained and experienced immigration attorneys like those at Saenz & Maniatis, PLLC, can accurately answer your questions, correctly complete your documentation, and represent you effectively with any immigration paperwork or in any immigration-related proceeding. They can also be counted on to meet filing deadlines and work efficiently so that your matter is resolved as quickly as possible. Part of their job is staying up-to-date on changes in immigration law and advising clients on their legal matters. You can count on always being “in the loop” about your immigration status.
Arrested Without Papers? Help Is Available!
Being arrested in the United States presents special problems for immigrants who are not U.S. citizens. Whether you are in the country on a current visa, with an expired visa, or without formal permission, the attorneys at Saenz & Maniatis, PLLC, can defend you against your criminal charges and work to prevent your detention by ICE or deportation in a removal proceeding.
For more information, or to discuss your circumstances and options with a Nashville immigration and naturalization lawyers, contact Saenz & Maniatis, PLLC, online or by calling 615-366-1211 or 615-366-1611.