Nashville Family Law Mediators
Mediation is way to settle your case without rolling the dice and leaving it up to the judge. A mediator will guide you through this process, helping each party clarify the issues, consider the options, and reach a workable agreement that fits everyone’s needs. This is not court, and the mediator does not decide your case, but facilitates each party to reach a consensus.
Mediation can be used for:
- Divorce: Dividing personal property, setting spousal support, agreements over real estate, bank accounts, credit card bills, and other marital assets and debts.
- Child Custody: parenting plans including regular visitation days, holidays, decision-making power, tax exemptions, and child support.
- Any and all contracts or other legal dispute between parties.
- Lets the parties decide for themselves what is in their best interests
- Explores creative solutions to the problems
- Promotes cooperation among the parties
- Is an informal setting
- Is confidential
- Will remain impartial throughout the process
- Does not give legal advice
- Is not a judge
- Will not decide the dispute
- Will provide each party the ability to express his or her interests
Once an agreement is reached, each party’s attorney will be able to review any and all written agreements before their client signs. After the signatures, the parties may not need to even step foot back in court.
To explore this option to settle your case, click here for more information, or give the Nashville Family Mediators at Maniatis Law PLLC a call today, .